An international financial company with a small team in Limassol, CY is looking for an energetic motivated Accountant to join the team and growing organization.
- Assisting in Preparation and recording assets, liabilities revenue and expenses entries.
- Verify, allocate the purchasing and expenses invoices to the correct category, prepare expenses report.
- Reconciliation of Debtors, Creditors.
- Reconciliation of Banks. Make sure to provide all necessary supporting documentation to external providers-Accountants/Auditors.
- Reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies.
- Assist in the month End close Process.
- Assist in Preparation /finalization of Monthly Trial Balance.
- Assist in entering figures in excel for the preparation of Monthly Management Accounts (Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow).
- Be timely and accurate in reporting preparation and all tasks required.
- Being able to build reporting from scratch whenever required.
- Take part and assist in forecasting and financial standards setting processes.
- Support Finance Manager in following up and overseeing and make sure that all obligatory statutory submissions and deadlines to the Authorities (such as tax returns, VAT returns where applicable, licenses, forms, payments) are fulfilled.
- Be sure that has good knowledge and be able to follow accounting procedures comply with GAAP requirements and International Accounting standards (IFR’s).
- Liaise with Auditors and External Accountants whereas requested by Finance Manager and whereas applicable and provide all necessary information.
- Prepare petty cash expenses report and assist with the reconciliation with actual physical cash Balance held in office.
- Other supporting administration tasks required by Finance Manager or other member of the Management team to support the accounting procedures.
- 3 + years' experience of working as an accountant.
- BS degree in Accounting٫ Business Administration, CAT (Certified Accounting Technician) or other relevant certification.
- Proven experience with typical accounting procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office٫ especially Excel.
- Fluency in English essential; Greek an advantage
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process.
- Good knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and IFR’s.
- Practical experience with accounting software packages.
- General Knowledge of the Statutory obligations of Companies/Businesses and Tax Compliance aspects (Corporate Tax, Income Tax, VAT).
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills٫ with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Pleasant personality, ability to work in a group and be self-motivated.
- Commitment and proactiveness.