General Manager / Chief Technical OfficerLimassol Cyprus Full-Time
The General Manager / Chief Technical Officer is responsible for the general management of this Limassol-based tech hub. The Cyprus hub of engineers serves as a key team and operational unit for our client, an international group and tech software company.
We are pleased to now be looking for a seasoned, hands-on GM/CTO who will direct most of his focus and resources on the technical strategy and vision of this company ensuring our client retains their position as a top-level software development company. This GM/CTO role calls for a very current, relevant professional who remains excited and motivated by all things tech. This is a senior manager fully up to date with the latest technology developments as well as forecasted sector developments. This person will have that insight and edge so as to ensure our client’s activities are aligned and positioned to take full advantage of new technologies and developments in innovation.
- The successful candidate will oversee all technical aspects of the product portfolio, always striving for operational and technical excellence together with their on-site and remote teams of engineers
- The successful candidate as a talented communicator will be able to relay this to various stakeholders and inspire the in-house team and contracted suppliers to develop industry-leading solutions
- In collaboration with Product Management colleagues, the GM/CTO will have input to design and develop new products or features and curate an appropriate technological vision in alignment with the overall business strategy
- The GM/CTO will also keep him-/herself updated on the latest technology development as well as expected future development, and make sure the Company is aligned and positioned to gain competitive advantages from new technology
- Able to evaluate the tech strategy of the company with an analytical mind as well as having solid understanding of industry trends including cloud technology, database structures, internet of things, etc.
- Experienced managing software teams of upwards of 20 people
- Proven leadership and management track record from leading software development teams and/or organizations
- Proven track record recruiting and building developer teams with the right overall skills and competencies, and structuring efficient work processes
- At least 10 years in software development in multiple programming environments and languages, software design and architecture, including prototyping and coding yourself as well as communicating your solutions and mentoring teams through the implementation
- Extensive experience from developing technical strategies and plans
- Experienced in analyzing business and customer needs directly or together with product management and translate those into innovative and user-friendly solution architectures and implementations
- Experience of decision-making in relation to adopting new technology, when to stay with proven technologies, when to choose open source or paid components based on the tasks at hand, time-frames, risk, future ambitions, cost and team experience
- Experience in infrastructure planning
- Familiar with Integration and Deployment pipelines (CI/CD, DevOps) as well as integration and end-to-end testing across multiple technologies
- Experience of system and application operations, monitoring and support to ensure operational excellence whilst facing rapid growth of users and handled data
- Experience of managing projects, doing work-break-down, estimation and resource allocation planning when new initiatives come along and being prepared and scheduled
- Familiar with product management techniques, agile methodologies as well as story writing and workshop facilitation
- Proven track record of successful products or projects, ownership of the Architecture and Design activities as an important contribution to the overall accomplishments
- Experience in understanding and seeking alignment with business goals, operating across organizational units and technology teams to drive a common vision and harmonized approaches, delivering sustainable, agile and re-usable solutions
- Comfortable working with senior management, communicating entirely in English
- Leadership personality and vision
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Competitive mind, likes to be challenged
- Adaptable, resourceful personality who copes well with changes in strategies and directions, flexible, able to build dynamic and flexible teams and work processes
- Able to report to the Board on the company’s performance and compliance in all key areas (e.g. financial, HR, technical strategies, risk assessments etc)
- Ability to translate the Board’s market strategies into technical strategies for the company
- Able to work on site in Limassol
HR Innovate is an equal opportunity Recruiting Agency and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to protecting your personal data.