Contracts ManagerMuscat, Oman
Qualified Electrical Engineer with Gulf experience – sound like you? This excellent new role is for the contracts manager to have oversight of the contract management process, as well as development of specific standards for bidding and submission, contract negotiations and document management.
As the successful candidate you will accomplish project objectives by planning and evaluating project activities and reporting to senior management.
- Oversee organizational contract development and management activities, and enforce organizational principles of integrity and compliance
- Ensure that contracts and proposals are properly entered into organizational databases and securely maintained.
- Develop standards for contracts, including presentation of budget, payment terms, general language and provisions
- Conduct contract strategy meetings to identify issues and client requirements, facilitate pricing discussions, and obtain senior management input on timelines and deliverables
- Draft contractual provisions based on strategy discussions, senior management input, and organizational needs and expectations
- Assure accuracy and appropriateness of contract text and attachments
- Develop and execute negotiation strategies that minimize potential losses and benefit the organization’s financial performance
- Review contractual performance to ensure compliance with terms and to identify conflicts or changes requiring resolution at contract renewal
- Serve as the point of contact for client on contractual matters. Act as contractual “middleman” between company and client, ensuring timely review and approval / reconciliation of variations
- Maintain contractual records and documentation and control of all contract correspondence, client contact information sheets, contractual changes, status reports and other documents
- Provide guidance on contract matters to HOD or other operational staff, including training to new project managers and other employees in contracting practices and procedures
- Experience in applying organizational standards when developing requests for proposals, negotiating terms and drafting contracts
- Cost monitoring and control throughout division
- Contract management of all contracts and ensure compliance to company interest are protected
- Retain, motivate and develop staff and be responsible for the objective setting, appraisal and development of staff
- Conducts monthly meeting on all the projects to review project performance.
- Initiative disciplinary action against staff if required
- Good leadership skills
- Vast business acumen
- Agile, responsive and good under pressure
- Able to handle conflict and resolve difference of opinion
- Minimum 12 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor/Masters degree in electrical engineering
- Oil & Gas experience is must
- Strong verbal and written skills, and ability to convey complex information in a way that others can readily follow
- Gulf experience is preferable
- Gulf driving license of GCC is an advantage
HR Innovate is an equal opportunity Recruiting Agency and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to protecting your personal data.