Corporate & Compliance OfficerNicosia, Cyprus
Hot new role for an experienced corporate professional skilled in corporate administration and compliance. This role is to provide corporate and administration services for clients and to be responsible for all the operations of the compliance function of our client’s company, a great opportunity to make your mark.
- Assisting with the management of a portfolio of clients as well as assisting Director and Manager with other major client groups
- Preparation of applications to the Cyprus Registrar of Companies on behalf of clients
- Formation of both Cyprus and Overseas Companies for clients as well as formation and maintenance of available “Shelf Companies”
- Communication with the client and review of new client “KYC” documentation ensuring compliance with Company policy and Anti-Money Laundering regulations
- Perusal, review of various corporate agreements and arranging for execution by the Directors of the Companies
- Preparation, review, and execution of various secretarial services/documents of the Companies including minutes, resolutions, instruments of transfer, share certificates, incumbency certificates as well as Specific Powers of Attorney, etc
- Preparation and execution of bank account application forms when necessary and communication with all banks whether in Cyprus or abroad. Preparation, perusal and review and execution of payment orders
- Communication with the external audit, taxation and accounting departments in relation to the financial and taxation affairs of the Companies administered by the company
- Business development, including attendance to client introductory meetings and translation services
- Preparation of client invoices
- Preparation and monitoring issuance of Nominee Fees
- Monitoring of the Credit Control function as well as debt collecting for the managed portfolio of clients. Communication with providers/agents of overseas Companies
- Assisting with the input of date for “Quorum” software package
- Conduct periodic internal reviews or audits to ensure that compliance procedures are followed
- Disseminate written policies and procedures related to compliance activities
- Maintain documentation of compliance activities, such as complaints received / investigation outcomes/compliance reports, etc. Identify compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation
- Serve as a confidential point of contact for employees to communicate with management, seek clarification on issues or dilemmas, or report irregularities
- Consult with corporate attorneys as necessary to address difficult legal compliance issues
- Advise internal management or business partners on the implementation or operation of compliance programs. Provide employee training on compliance-related topics, policies, or procedures
- Provide assistance to internal or external auditors in compliance reviews. Prepare management reports regarding compliance operations and progress
- Monitor compliance systems to ensure their effectiveness
- Report violations of compliance or regulatory standards to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate or required. Verify that all company and regulatory policies and procedures have been documented, implemented, and communicated
- Design or implement improvements in communication, monitoring, or enforcement of compliance standards
- Educational background in Law or a relevant subject
- Minimum 2 years of compliance and corporate experience preferably in a corporate services/fiduciary company
- Very good use of MS Outlook, Word, Excel and Quorum.
- Excellent knowledge of the Greek and English language.
- High ethical standards- integrity
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to exercise sound critical judgment.
- Strong problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Strong commitment to professional excellence
- 13th salary
- Provident fund
- Medical cover
- One afternoon off per week
- Competitive salary
HR Innovate is an equal opportunity Recruiting Agency and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to protecting your personal data.