Engineering DirectorNicosia, Cyprus
Are you excited to work in an ambitious and challenging environment? Our client is looking for a talented and passionate Engineering Director to join the team in the Nicosia office. As an Engineering Director you will provide a safe and high-quality fleet of vehicles, together with all the necessary supporting infrastructure for the company to be able to operate in line with its vision, values and strategic objectives. If you are a pioneer, eager to learn and want to pursue something meaningful, we want to hear from you!
- Develop and implement all the necessary plans to ensure that the company is able to maintain the fleet of vehicles and infrastructure in accordance with safety standards and at the same time minimising on downtime.
- Contribute toward maintaining a positive and credible image and brand for the company through a well maintained, safe, clean and comfortable fleet of vehicles and infrastructure.
- Conduct research to keep abreast with new technologies, solutions, vehicle manufacturing processes and other areas where the company can benefit from a technical point of view, and also to circumvent threats.
Fleet and Infrastructure Management Responsibilities
- Ensure that vehicles, premises, plant and equipment are serviced, maintained, repaired, tested, licensed, taxed, cleaned and operated in accordance with legal and company requirements.
- Ensure familiarity with any health and safety risks/issues that are relevant to the work activities/areas and ensure compliance with legal requirements and company policy. Develop, implement and monitor all the necessary policies and procedure within the department.
- Ensure that accurate records are kept of all maintenance, repairs, calibration (etc…) of the fleet of vehicles and infrastructure.
- To be responsible for the purchasing of parts and materials at optimum price/quality, observing Group purchasing contracts where applicable, and for the specification and observance of minimum stock levels consistent with vehicle availability requirements.
- To monitor purchasing methods and stock control and security.
- To monitor garage performance relating to the control of documentation, warranties, and environmental responsibilities in line with legislation.
- Actively participate in the recruitment and training of personnel.
- Participate in the design and construction of facilities and procurement of the equipment for the workshops.
- Be responsible for the relationship with manufacturers, suppliers and other services of the workshop.
- Be responsible for the maintenance tasks of the facilities and equipment.
- Manage and implement all the necessary health and safety measures within the various properties and sites of the company.
- Manage the fuelling of vehicles including the identification of opportunities to reduce consumption.
- Prepare budgets, business plans and resource plans for the engineering department.
- Lead, motivate and manage the engineering management team, promoting effective internal communication, and offering opportunities for development and growth of the entire engineering team.
- Implement and review the necessary KPIs and reporting mechanisms to ensure that there is sufficient, accurate and timely information to manage the business, and to ensure compliance with policies, procedures, service levels, budgets, etc.
- Ensure compliance with the Security Policies, Risk Prevention, Data Protection, Quality and Environment established in the scope of their occupation.
- Ensure the preservation of the assets of the Company.
- Keep abreast with developments in the transportation sector on an international level.
- Act as a general point of contact for all engineering matters with Government.
- Actively participate in the promotion of the company vision and values throughout the organisation.
- Ensure that all fleet and infrastructural aspects of the concession agreement are complied with.
- Manage the performance of the team within the engineering department.
- Actively participate in company-wide budgeting, revenue growth and cost control.
- Directly manage and monitor the engineering budget.
- Represent the Company before the Authorities in relation to fleet and infrastructure.
- Preferably a mechanical or industrial engineer with experience of at least five years in the management of the maintenance area of a recognized company specialized in transportation by bus
- Extensive experience in quality management and plans for corrective and preventive actions
- Strong leadership skills
- Technical vehicle/fleet maintenance skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset with strong business acumen
- Excellent interpersonal skills, negotiating and influential skills
- People management skills
- Results oriented, analytical, organized and methodical
- Problem solving
- An attractive compensation
- An international environment with dynamic and passionate co-workers
HR Innovate is an equal opportunity Recruiting Agency and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to protecting your personal data.