As the Head of Risk Management, the successful candidate will join our client who is an upcoming AIFM to be authorized and supervised by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission. Our client intends to manage AIFs pursuing various alternative strategies that may include Equities, Real Estate, Private Equity, and Debt.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join a well-established function, be part of a global team, and a highly supportive and collaborative culture. The role will report directly to the CEO of the Company and will evolve to have people management responsibility of initially one other team member. Candidates must have demonstrated knowledge and experience in Cyprus and other EU jurisdictions regulated funds.
- As Head of Risk, you will be responsible for managing Financial and Non-Financial Risk Management for the Company, with some operational risk responsibilities
- Lead of AIF's Financial Risk Monitoring and Reporting
- Manage Regulatory Risk reporting
- Provide coverage and leadership for market, counterparty, liquidity, and credit risk
- While working closely with local resources, you will also frequently collaborate with international risk management resources both internally and externally
- Act as subject matter expert for all risk management matters for the Company
- Strong AIFs experience and expertise
- Proven financial risk management experience of a minimum of eight years
- Proactive and hands-on; eager to get involved in multiple projects as a team player
- Good Academic record in finance or mathematics, graduate or post-graduate
- Proven in-depth understanding of financial risk management tools
- Good knowledge of AIFM Regulation and local regulatory environment
- CFA, FRM would be desirable but not essential
- Location - located in a convenient and easily accessible area of Larnaca with modern offices and an open floor plan
- Part of an International Group - opportunity to collaborate and work closely with colleagues across international offices
- Competitive base salary and benefits
- Seniority - opportunity to be part of strategic decision making; exposure to senior management and an opportunity to influence and make positive contributions
- Stability - opportunity to be part of a well-established, stable, and growing office
- Management - opportunity to mentor, manage and develop junior staff members
HR Innovate is an equal opportunity Recruiting Agency and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to protecting your personal data.