Data Protection OfficerLondon, United Kingdom
With offices in Cyprus and London, our client is a global well-established business traded on the London stock exchange’s main market and a constituent of the FTSE 250 index.
They are market leaders in next generation multi-channel trading software, systems and liquidity services which are offered in a b2b capacity to a global partner network.
An exciting opportunity has opened for a Data Protection Officer (DPO) to ensure the company is compliant with data protection regulations including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The DPO will be advising on co compliance with local data protection laws, monitoring adherence to GDPR standards and acting as a point of contact with supervisory authorities and data subjects. Reporting to the Chief compliance officer, the successful candidate will cover all data protection related matters for all group companies. The group has regulated entities in the UK, Cyprus, Australia, South Africa, Singapore and the BVI.
- Act as point of contact for the Data Protection Authorities
- Identify and evaluate the company’s data processing activities
- Provide advice and instructions on how to conduct Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs)
- Monitor data management procedures and compliance within the company
- Participate in meetings with managers to ensure privacy by design at all levels
- Maintain records of processing operations
- Ensure we address all queries from data subjects within legal timeframes (e.g. delete their information from our databases)
- Write and update detailed guides on data protection policies
- Perform audits and determine whether we need to alter our procedures to comply with regulations
- Offer consultation on how to deal with privacy breaches
- Arrange for training on GDPR compliance for employees
- Follow up with changes in law and issue recommendations to ensure compliance
- Enhance policies that enforce compliance with legislation and deliver GDPR trainings to staff to increase awareness of data protection measures
- Relevant academic degree (B.A/M. A) in Data protection, Law or Information Security
- At least 4-6 years’ experience in data protection
- Work experience in data protection in the financial industry is a plus
- Solid knowledge of GDPR and national data protection laws
- Knowledge of data processing operations in the company’s sector is preferrable
- Familiarity with IT security systems
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Organizational skills with attention to detail
- Provident Fund
- Medical Insurance
HR Innovate is an equal opportunity Recruiting Agency and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to protecting your personal data.