Head of Internal AuditLondon United Kingdom
As the Head of Internal Audit, you will spearhead the full audit cycle involving risk management and control management over operations' effectiveness. You will keep the company aligned with all applicable directives and regulations. With your finance and business insights, you will oversee and contribute to the organisation's strategic direction in the UK in coordination with senior stakeholders.
- Provide direction on assessing risks, conducting financial audits, and managing compliance risks by preparing annual risk assessment and audit plans based on business and market developments.
- Oversee the technical balance sheets and corresponding actuarial and accounting processes that feed into it.
- Guide the organisation on regulatory requirements, covering financial resources, governance and accountability, risk management, supervision, validation, reporting, and public disclosure when needed.
- Drive the Financial Reporting Council (FRC) scoping, planning, and risk assessment by collaborating with cross-functional teams and stay up-to-date on significant changes that may impact the operating effectiveness of controls.
- Work with senior stakeholders to discuss the performance of the financial audit programmes to minimise risks.
- Degree in audit, accounting, insurance, or a relevant field
- ACA, CIA, CII, or CIMA qualification
- 5+ years of financial audit or internal audit leadership experience
- Strong background in managing strategic and emerging risks
- Proven management and decision-making capabilities
- Ability to strategise and solve problems with an analytical mindset
- Strong leadership and organisational skills
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
- FCA approval to function as SMF 5 – good to have
- Experience working in an FCA-licensed company – good to have
- Working experience in a fintech company – good to have
- Experience working in a multi-site, fast-paced company
- Market-based salary
- Annual performance bonus
- Health benefits
- Casual dress code
- Travel and internet allowances
HR Innovate is an equal opportunity Recruiting Agency and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to protecting your personal data.